Saturday, October 29, 2011

Things my iphone cant do.....

I am not a brand fanatic like most. Used both types of phones viz Iphone 3gs, samsung captivate, HTC inpsire and currently using iphone 4.

Had good and bad experiences with both, but i am some how inclined towards android. Even though iphones are built beautifully and elegantly, but man it cannot do simple things my android did. May not be beautifully and elegantly but just easily.

Here are my few picks which i am not able to do in my iphone which i did easily on androids.

1. Updating the dictionary: I like to use dictionary while typing emails / tweets but when I am communicating with my friends using my language i loved the way android in which I could update the phone's dictionary and it would auto correct next time i am using those 'non English' words typed in English.

2. Using phone GPS without using data plan: Haven't the folks at mighty Apple figured it out that unlimited data plan only exists with Sprint which no one wants to use. Not me for sure.

3. Setting up a ring tone without connecting to computer: why should be it so difficult?

4. Using phone as USB hard drive: I am carrying a 16 GB phone with me but I cannot use it as a USB hard drive to transfer files. Why ?

5. Attaching files while replying to an email: This was something I realized recently that when I am replying to an email, I cannot attach a file (like *.doc or *.pdf) from phone to the email and send.

6. FM Radio without using dataplan: How about giving users a free FM radio which do not consume data plan ?

7. Reject call list: Hopefully iphone users don't have angry wives or friends or colleagues. Because if they have, one thing they cannot do is put some callers to reject list.

Dont take me wrong but hopefully Apple folks are working on their short comings. May be instead of Siri or suing every one else in smart phone business they should of given some efforts on making sure simpler things work well.






No comments:

Post a Comment